This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure statement.
Simple Roasted Beetroot Salad For Summer
Amazingly Simple Roasted Beetroot Salad, Slow Roasted Shallots, Baked Red Peppers, Fresh Dates, Goat Cheese, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Looking for a simple salad recipe that’s both healthy and delicious? This simple roasted beetroot salad is perfect for those days when you want something simple but satisfying. Beets are loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, making them a nutritional powerhouse.
The best part? This recipe only takes less than an hour to prepare! Give it a try today. Beetroot is one of those vegetables that seems to polarize people. You either love it or you hate it. I happen to love the earthy flavor and sweetness of the beetroot.
So I’m always looking for new ways to incorporate beetroot into my meals. This simple beetroot salad is awesome to make and is packed full of flavor. The roasted beets are infused with fresh thyme until they are soft and sweet. The same goes for the shallots – slow-roasted and red peppers baked to perfection.
Add some fresh sweet dates and intensely savory goat’s cheese and you’ve created an amazingly simple salad that is healthy, flavorful, and beautiful. This is one of those fantastic summer beet salad recipes that you’ve been thinking about. Now you can make it!
Baked Red Peppers And Fresh Dates
To add another level of flavor you can grill or BBQ the red peppers aka capsicums. This will give them a subtle smokey taste which will work well with the earthy flavor of the beets. Red peppers I love the cooked especially baked, roasted, or grilled.
For me, red peppers are a celebration of summer. Fresh or dried dates have a beautiful natural sweetness to them and a texture that complements salads without adding too much sweetness.
Dates are an underrated fruit that is not widely used in Western cuisine. The awesome thing about dates is they add flavor, texture, and color to salads and other dishes. They also can be used in savory or sweet dishes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to peel beetroot before roasting?
When you think of beetroot, the first thing that comes to mind is usually whether or not you need to peel them before roasting. The easy answer is no you don’t have to peel beetroot before roasting.
However, I prefer to peel beetroot before roasting as it cuts down any access prep time, who wants to handle hot beetroot while trying to peel or rub the skin off.
Have you ever tried rubbing or peeling the skin of cooled roasted beetroot? Trust me you’ll be there for hours. Also if you try and wash the skin off the roasted beetroot all you’re doing is diluting that beautiful earthy flavor.
For the ease of prep time peel your beetroot before roasting, just remember to wear disposable gloves as the beetroot will stain your hands.
Can Beetroot Be Eaten Raw?
Yes, beetroot can be eaten raw! However, it is important to note that the taste of raw beetroot is quite strong and earthy. For this reason, it may not be suitable for everyone.
If you’re interested in trying raw beetroot, start by incorporating small amounts into your salads or smoothies. You may also want to experiment with different ways of preparing it, such as grating, juicing, finely dicing, or thinly slicing.
Is It Better To Boil or Roast Beetroot?
What’s the best way to cook beetroot? Boil or roast it? There are pros and cons to both methods. Roasting beets brings out their earthy sweetness, while boiling can make them a bit watery and pulpy.
So, it depends on what you’re looking for in terms of flavor. If you’re wanting to use the beetroot for a salad or as a vegetable component for a dish then roasting is the best method.
Boiling beetroot is great if you’re wanting to make a sauce, soup, or pickle it, the beetroot will impart some of its flavors into the boiling liquid which can be used as part of the soup, sauce, or pickling juice.
Larder Stables And Must Have Kitchen Tools
Essential Kitchen Tools – Must Haves
You can’t be at a professional level in the kitchen unless you own a variety of high-end tools. Genius kitchen gadgets are an essential part of any home cook’s or aspiring chef’s arsenal. From some of the best chef knives, and kitchen cookware, to wooden cutting boards. These will set you apart from others and get you ready with what you need to start making meals like a chef.
My Professional Recommendations
Amazingly Simple Roasted Beetroot Salad
- 3 each Whole fresh beetroot - peeled and cut into wedges
- 500 grams Shallots - peeled
- 2 sprigs Fresh thyme
- drizzle Rice bran or vegetable oil
- 2 each Red Peppers
- Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5-8 each Fresh Dates - seeds removed and diced
- 80 grams Goat cheese
- drizzle Olive oil - extra virgin
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 356°FLay peeled and wedged beetroot onto aluminum foil drizzle over the rice bran oil, season with Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground black pepper.Add the sprigs of thyme and wrap the beetroot in the foil into a neat tight package.Place into the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a knife easily pierces the beetroot. Remove from oven carefully unwrap the foil and let stand for 5 minutes, then cut each wedge into 3 or 4 pieces and place into a clean bowl.
Slow Roasted Shallots
- Lay the peeled shallots onto aluminum foil drizzle over the rice bran oil, season with Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground black pepper.Add the sprigs of thyme and wrap the shallots in the foil into a neat tight package.Place into the oven for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven carefully unwrap the foil they should be soft and translucent, let stand for 5 minutes.Place into the same bowl as the beetroot.
Baked Red Peppers
- Place the whole red peppers into the oven with the beetroot and shallots until the skins brown and start to blister.Remove from the oven and place into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap, let stand for 5 minutes.This will steam the peppers to finish them and the skin will come off easy as!Peel and remove the seeds, tear them into strips and add to the beetroot.
Constructing The Roasted Beetroot Salad
- Throw in the diced dates, drizzle the olive oil over the salad and mix well. Season to taste, place into a serving bowl and crumble up the goat cheese and sprinkle over the salad.
Serving Size: 100g Roasted Beetroot, Shallots, Red Peppers, Dates, Goat Cheese, and Virgin Olive Oil.
Calories 326 | Total Fat 18.4 g | Carbohydrates 36.5 g | Fiber 5.3 g | Protein 6.1 g | Iron 1.3 mg
You Have The Knowledge
This simple beet salad will become a staple mealtime dish because it is so good with just about anything. The robust flavors and textures are unique to this amazing vegetable.
I hope you’ve enjoyed exploring my latest recipe. This simple roasted beetroot salad recipe is a must-try! Beets are loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals making them a nutritional powerhouse – but they also taste great too.
That beautiful earthy-sweet flavor of the beetroot makes for an exciting healthy roasted beetroot salad. If you’re looking for a quick and healthy meal, then this simple salad is perfect.
Roasted beetroot goat cheese salad is a classic combo, both these ingredients were made for each other. The intense savoriness of the goat cheese and sweet taste of the beetroot are salad partners from way back.
The best part? You can whip it up in less than an hour! Try it today to impress the family and your friends with your cooking skills. Trust me when I say they won’t be able to stop eating this delicious simple roasted beetroot salad!