This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure statement.
Best Breakfast Burger
Best Breakfast Burger, Homemade Hash brown, Caramelized Streaky Bacon, Frankfurter Omelet, and Hot Chili Sauce
Ever since the breakfast burger craze hit, chefs and home cooks everywhere have been trying to come up with their own version of the perfect breakfast burger.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to toppings, but what is the best way to construct the actual burger? Here is a recipe for the best breakfast burger that is not only delicious but also easy to make.
A good breakfast burger doesn’t have to have fancy expensive ingredients. Using the basics like eggs, sausages, bacon, tomatoes, and of course cheese. You’ll be able to make the best breakfast burger you’ve had.
Cooking these wonderful breakfast ingredients using a sandwich press not only tastes awesome it also is so simple that you could do it in your sleep.
Whether you are a golfer heading out for an early round or a chef preparing for a long day in the kitchen, this breakfast burger will fuel your day.
Best Way To Make Homemade Hash Browns
There are a lot of ways to make hash browns at home, but this is the best way. The key is using really good Yukon Gold or Argia potatoes and peeling them then grating them from raw.
Then, you just mix in some salt, or any other seasonings you like. Let the mix stand for 5 minutes then squeeze out any access moisture. Heat a pan, and place a steel ring into the pan with a drizzle of rice bran or vegetable oil.
Press the grated potato into the ring, remove the ring let the hash brown cook for 2-3 minutes then flip over, cook for 2-3 minutes more and place into the oven to finish cooking and you’re ready to go. If you don’t have a steel ring you can shape the hash brown in your hands and press it onto the surface of your pan.
How To Make A Breakfast Burger?
A breakfast burger is basically a burger with breakfast foods between the bun. Most commonly, this means adding an egg, bacon, tomato, and cheese to your burger. Really you can top your burger with anything you like. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
For the bun, try using a bagel or English muffin instead of a traditional hamburger bun. Toast it before adding your burger toppings for extra flavor.
Start with a homemade hash brown, a delicious omelet with sausage, tomato, and cheese. Add some crispy bacon and a fiery hot sauce. Top it off with some sliced avocado or roquette aka arugula. Add ketchup, mustard, or mayo to finish your breakfast burger off.
Cooking your bacon and omelet using a sandwich press is the easiest way to create your breakfast burger masterpiece. You can even cook homemade hash browns in it.
Larder Stables And Must Have Kitchen Tools
Essential Kitchen Tools – Must Haves
You can’t be at a professional level in the kitchen unless you own a variety of high-end tools. Genius kitchen gadgets are an essential part of any home cook’s or aspiring chef’s arsenal. From some of the best chef knives, and kitchen cookware, to wooden cutting boards. These will set you apart from others and get you ready with what you need to start making meals like a chef.
My Professional Recommendations
Best Breakfast Burger Recipe
- 2 each Agria potatoes - medium-sized
- 8 each Rashes of streaky or belly bacon - dry cured
- 4 each Eggs size 6 - free range
- 2 each Frankfurter sausages
- 1 each Tomato - sliced
- 8 slices Aged cheddar cheese
- 4 each Burger buns
- Hot chili sauce
- Himalayan pink salt
- Mayonnaise - store brought
- Rice bran oil
Making Hash Browns
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.To make the hash browns, peel and grate the potatoes mix in ½ a tsp of salt. Heat a pan to medium and add a drizzle of rice bran oil.If you have a steel cutting ring place it in the center of the pan. Squeeze out any access moisture from the grated potatoes and press into the steel ring, then remove the ring.Let the potato hash cook for 2 to 3 minutes then turn and cook for 3-4 minutes more. Remove from the pan place onto a baking tray and finish in the oven. Repeat the process until all 4-potato hash browns are in the oven.
Cooking The Bacon
- Heat the sandwich press. Place the bacon onto the sandwich press hot plate, and close the top down. The bacon will take 4-5 minutes.Cooking bacon in a sandwich press is a fast no-fuss way to get your bacon caramelized and delicious.
Cooking The Frankfurter Omelet
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, whisk and season with a pinch of sea salt. Heat the sandwich press again and pour the eggs onto it. Scatter the sliced frankfurter sausages onto the egg mix. Close the sandwich press and cook for 2-3 minutes.Open the sandwich press using a pair of scissors cut the omelet into 4 strips. Place the sliced cheese and tomatoes onto each strip and fold each strip in half.Place the bacon back on top and close the sandwich press to warm the tomato and melt the cheese slightly.
Breakfast Burger Assembly
- Toast the buns and start assembling your burgers cover the bottom bun with mayonnaise and place on the hash brown. Add the sausage omelet and bacon, drizzle hot sauce onto the top bun and close the burger up.
Serving Size: 1 Breakfast burger with homemade hash brown, omelet, frankfurter sausage, tomato, cheddar cheese, and hot chili sauce.
Calories 1168 | Total Fat 80.6 g | Carbohydrates 62.4 g | Fiber 3.7 g | Protein 44.1 g | Iron 4.2 mg
Making The Ultimate Best Breakfast Burger
So, what is the best way to make a breakfast burger? There are endless possibilities when it comes to toppings, but what is the best way to construct the actual burger? I’ve shared a recipe for the best breakfast burger that is not only delicious but also easy to make.
All you need is some simple ingredients like streaky bacon, frankfurter sausages, tomato, cheddar cheese, and, an egg If you’re looking for something a little more filling, try a hash brown or avocado. Either way, this breakfast burger will be sure to satisfy your hunger.
The endless possibilities for customization are mind-blowing. Remember creating the best breakfast burger doesn’t have to be a complicated affair, keep it simplistic and you can’t go wrong.