This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure statement.
Rotisserie Chicken Quesadilla
Costco Rotisserie Chicken Quesadilla, Sweet Baby Ray’s Hickory and Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce, Double Cheese, Truffle Infused Aged Cheddar, New Zealand Colby With Sautéed Bell Peppers And Onions.
To keep things simple I used a Costco rotisserie chicken. I remove all the cooked meat from the bones and shredded it, I also add in the flavorful skin and any juices in the bottom of the tray.
I then add Sweet Baby Ray’s hickory and brown sugar barbecue sauce and mixed it into the chicken. This gives the chicken another layer of flavor that will have everyone wanting more.
Or you might have your own sauce recipe that you use. I know I’ve got a ton of restaurant-quality sauce recipes that I could have used. To keep it simple I decided to use Sweet Baby Ray’s.
How Do You Make Quesadillas Crispy?
That’s a great question. The best way to make crispy quesadillas is with a sandwich press. The sandwich press creates an even top and bottom heating surface.
This ensures that they’re crispy and golden on the outside and delicious on the inside. This is a foolproof way of making your next rotisserie chicken quesadilla.
For best results preheat your sandwich press. construct your quesadilla on the sandwich press. Gently close it so that it sits lightly on top of the quesadilla. It should only take 2 – 3 minutes to cook and become deliciously crispy.
When I’m cooking a rotisserie chicken quesadilla I prefer to use thinly sliced or small pieces of cheese. This is because when the cheese melts it tends to stay in one place.
Not like grated cheese where it melts and runs everywhere. Which usually means it comes out the side of the quesadilla and all over the cooking surface.
Making a mess and denying your rotisserie chicken quesadilla that beautiful delicious melted cheese. Nothing worse than having little to no cheese in your quesadilla and being left with a baked-on cheesy mess to clean up.
So why am I going on about cheese? Because firstly it is deliciously satisfying in a quesadilla. Secondly, it acts as the glue that will hold your rotisserie chicken quesadilla together.
Cooking Rotisserie Chicken Quesadillas Using A Sandwich Press
Using a sandwich press to cook your rotisserie chicken quesadilla is the easiest and quickest way to cook quesadillas. You don’t need to flip them and risk having the filling spill out.
A sandwich press is an awesome piece of kitchen equipment. Cooking quesadillas is only one of the many things that can be cooked in a sandwich press.
Larder Stables And Must Have Kitchen Tools
Essential Kitchen Tools – Must Haves
You can’t be at a professional level in the kitchen unless you own a variety of high-end tools. Genius kitchen gadgets are an essential part of any home cook’s or aspiring chef’s arsenal. From some of the best chef knives, and kitchen cookware, to wooden cutting boards. These will set you apart from others and get you ready with what you need to start making meals like a chef.
Rotisserie Chicken Quesadilla | Tested Recipe
- 1 each Costco rotisserie chicken
- ¼ cup Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce
- drizzle Rice bran or vegetable oil
- 3 each Bell peppers - cored and sliced
- 2 each Onions - cored and sliced
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 each Tortillas - flour or corn
- slices Colby cheese
- pieces Truffle infused cheddar
- Remove the chicken from the carcass and shred it, and mix in the skin and any juices from the tray. Mix in the barbecue sauce so it is evenly combined with the chicken.
- Heat a pan and add a drizzle of rice bran or vegetable oil, and sauté the bell peppers and onions until soft.
- Heat the sandwich press. Place one tortilla onto the sandwich press and construct your rotisserie chicken quesadilla. Spread the chicken evenly over the tortilla followed by the bell peppers and onions. Then add the Colby and truffle cheeses and place the second tortilla on top. gently close the sandwich press and leave the quesadilla to cook for about 3 - 4 minutes.
- Remove your crispy quesadilla from the sandwich and cut it into quarters.
Serving Size: 1 Rotisserie chicken quesadilla.
Calories 596 | Total Fat 36 g | Carbohydrates 27.6 g | Fiber 2.5 g | Protein 40 g | Iron 2.3 mg
Rotisserie Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
My rotisserie chicken quesadilla is always a hit. I always use 2 types of cheeses, and that can change depending on what I feel like using. You don't have to use truffle infused cheddar, you can add any cheese that you like.
The best way to cook a great quesadilla is to use a sandwich press. That way you'll get a deliciously crispy quesadilla.
This is an easy chicken quesadilla recipe that you can cook for your family or friends. Next time your looking for a simple and flavor-packed lunch idea and are struggling to come up with anything. Try my rotisserie chicken quesadilla recipe, you'll be hooked.